For Design/Build services the owner/client has only one contract with a single point of responsibility, that being BRICS. This collaborative approach integrates the expertise of the architect, engineer, and BRICS team from the beginning creating a leaner, cleaner project. Using this method, we design project cost controls into the plans, use materials and technology efficiently and effectively to lower costs, shorten schedules, and reduce waste—never compromising quality.
HIGHER QUALITY PROJECTS
Design-build outperforms traditional delivery in categories such as: startup, callbacks, operations & maintenance, exterior, interior, environment and equipment.
MINIMIZES OWNER RISK
Owners chose design-build to reduce their risk.
Design-build projects complete faster. The ability to effectively fast-track projects is one key reason Owners use design-build.
Design-build projects save in cost compared to traditional design-bid-build.
What is Design Build?
Design-build is a method of project delivery in which one entity – BRICS Contracting – works under a single contract with the project owner to provide design and construction services. One entity, one contract, one unified flow of work from initial concept through completion. Design-build is also known as design/construct.
Across the country and around the world, design-build successfully delivers office buildings, schools, stadiums, transportation and water infrastructure projects with superior results. Design-build is an alternative to design-bid-build. Under the latter approach, design and construction are split – separate entities, separate contracts, separate work. Over the past 15 years, use of design-build has greatly accelerated in the United States, making this delivery method one of the most significant trends in design and construction today.
The Design-Build Advantage:
Faster Delivery — collaborative project management means work is completed faster with fewer problems.
- Cost Savings — BRICS Contracting’s integrated team is geared toward efficiency and innovation.
- Better Quality — BRICS Contracting meets performance needs, not minimum design requirements, often developing innovations to deliver a better project than initially imagined.
- Singular Responsibility — one entity is held accountable for cost, schedule and performance.
- Decreased Administrative Burden — owners can focus on the project rather than managing disparate contracts.
- Reduced Risk — the design-build team assumes additional risk.
- Reduced Litigation Claims — by closing warranty gaps owners virtually eliminate litigation claims.
About This Process
Design-build streamlines project delivery through a single contract between the owner and the BRICS design-build team. This simple but fundamental difference saves money and time by transforming the relationship between designers, engineers, subcontractors and BRICS Contracting into an alliance which fosters collaboration and teamwork. United from the outset of every project, an integrated team readily incorporates solutions to your project.